CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

McCain't and Nobama...

I'm going to try my best to not let my personal opinions get in the way of this post...but I'm also in need of some serious venting so...if you're not in the mood for a rant, then this most definitely is not the post for you.

At my school, when you're in eighth grade and it's an election year, you have a mock election with people pretending to be the candidates. This involves voting, campaigning, making commercials, and having a debate. It's supposed to be an educational experience, and it's supposed to help us learn more about the candidates and about how an election works.

It's turning into fights and yelling and people like flipping out at other people just because they support a certain candidate.


The people at my school are very narrow minded and set in their ways, it's a catholic school in which the majority of the students base all their political knowledge on their parents beliefs and on what they see on television commercials, and not the cold hard facts.


I don't' care if you don't agree with me, but to go around calling me a terrorist and a baby killer, it's completely un-necessary, ignorant, demeaning, and frankly it makes you look like an idiot.

I really do loving hearing people's opinions, I love hearing about the topics they view as important, and I really am open to others opinions....but when you express your opinion in a way that is degrading towards others you are not making the candidate you support,or yourself, look anything but ignorant.


So what that I don't agree with you? I'm sure that not everyone who reads my blog agrees with me, but guess what you guys don't go around calling me a baby killer and a terrorist!

Hippie? oh yeah...I'm that also! Who knew that I killed baby's, smoked weed, crashed planes into national monuments, and sold our country to the Middle East!!! Sorry that I forgot to fill you guys in on my little escapades!

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that i know everything about the issues, I'm not going to pretend that I'm the most educated "voter" out their, but I'm also not going to sit around and let the person I support get verbally abused by a bunch of incoherent, ignorant idiots who seem to think that they have all the facts and know everything about life and everything about the candidates.

You're a McCain fan? THAT'S AWESOME! Because guess what, you get to tell me how you feel!You're an Obama fan? THAT'S AWESOME! Because guess what, you get to tell me how you feel!I don't care who you like...this is what it comes down to....You're an American. People died for your rights. Get your butt out there and vote!!!

xxoo,Raigan

p.s. barack the vote ;)

p.s.s. I'M GOING TO SEE OBAMA SPEAK TOMMROW NIGHT ON CAMPUS, IF YOU GO TO MU YOU MOST DEFINIETLY SHOULD GET YOUR BUTT DOWN THERE!!!!!!

8 comments:

Cait said...

That's great that you have some Vote spirit about the election.

I've been listening to people go on and on about how they wouldn't vote for Obamma because he'll get killed if he's president. And if McCain isn't around..we've got a woman president then..

Anyway, hopefully, people will want a change for the best. Just get out there and vote.

Gracie said...

haha we get to do that too and the republican won!! it was great...but im sorry abut what you are going through

Alyssa said...

sorry to hear about the craziness that is going on. I am one of the most open people for opinions, and when people go to the extent of calling others "baby killers" I get absolutley furious. anywho, glad to hear you are also frustrated. I am personally for McCain, but that doesn't mean 1)I agree with everything he is doing(aka gay marriage and abortion) and 2)Im not open to opinions
as for halloween...I counted at least 7 slutty freshmen costumes. just freshmen. its disgusting what halloween is becoming :( and thanks! I liked my colors too :)
-Alyssa <3

Alyssa said...

yay!
I am so glad I met you! I love open minded people :D
and that is so cool that both the candidates came to your hometown!
-Alyssa <3

Elle said...

I know exactly how you feel.
I live in a Repubican state and I get called a baby killer, terrorist, hippie, tree higger and all sorts of mean things 24/7. I'm a freshman, and because of the Obama button on my backpack even seniors often yell at me "You Suck!" when I walk down the hall. Its aweful. I just graduated from a Catholic school and people were the same way there. But the funny thing? Our priest is FOR Obama.

I hope you have an awesome time seeing Obama. I went in May and it was amazing. There was so much energy in the crowd, it makes up for all the bad things people say to you.

Peace
Elle

Cait said...

thanks so much for the sweet note. oh, I do like character, which I'm not sure if that's fortunate or not...hmmm...maybe. Hope so.

I'm sure it was a great rally you went to. I hope you went and had some fun. The suspense is building...for this election.

Jules said...

Obama is a good candidate though but i am afraid that he'll get killed if ever he wins the election. sad but i have been hearing such a plot around the internet. it might be true though...

Sydney said...

i know! people get so defensive...

it is politics and all, but seriously.

it's not like youre offending someone else!

(depending on how you look at it!)

and yes.

BARACK THE VOTE.