CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Volunteer...

so on Tuesday and Thursday, every one this summer, i have to get up at 6:30 (AM...gahhhh) and go volunteer at the hospital where my mom works. Don't be fooled into thinking "what a great young woman taking time out of her summer and beauty sleep to volunteer at a hospital!" oh no my dears, being selfless has nothing to do with it, nothing at all. Being told by my mother that i had to, now that has EVERYTHING to do with it.


The first day...was pretty bad, not awful but pretty bad. I got stuck in med. records making charts, and that wouldn't of been bad because it was organized and i got to do something that was methodical and fairly easy, but the woman i worked with...was certifiably insane, i sware it! She had this need to tell me EVERYTHING about her self, and i mean everything, every personal detail right down to her first boyfriends birthday (march 31). You may think I'm exaggerating...but i sware to you i am not! Then when she asked how old i was, she was shocked that i was only 13, after all she had just confided in a 13 year old!!


Now the second day, was great!!!!! I got to work in the Laboratory, which sounds awfully officially....but not really, i was sorta a secretary i guess. OH OH OH i can now use a fax machine and a copy machine thingy and i know where P.O.E.T is...lol. I go to take patients to where they needed to be and pick up blood samples, it was really interesting actually, i liked it alot! Which is weird cause normally i hate blood and needles and all that lovely stuff!


Then after that...my boss made me work at the information desk for one very very very long hour...it was a bunch of little old ladies worrying about what they were going to cook for dinner, need less to say it was anything but thrilling.


So yeah...that's my summer "job" that i don't get payed for :( whatever i guess its better than sitting at home, OK some days its better than sitting at home.


OH and I'm reading this new book called Vanishing Acts and its by Jodi Picoult and its amazing and you should go buy a copy of every Jodi Picoult book ever made right now!!!!! Especially my sisters keeper because it is definitely classified as "my favorite book of all time"


xxoo,

reggie

p.s. sorry about the extreme length of this post, if u read this whole thing...Jesus love you extra!

6 comments:

Cait said...

I loved your post. Good stuff. I hope you can keep going with all the talking about. I feel for you.

Cait said...

oh yeah, wanted to say I really like the pic in your header.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Haha. What an interesting day volunteering at the hospital. I sometimes get mistaken for being older because I'm so tall. I volunteer by working at the rec center and helping little kids play soccer. They have mad skills. The book sounds great. :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adele said...

hey reggie
cool post lol i think your 'job' sounds cool! great experience! will help with getting a real job later on in life! :)
What kind of a author is Jodi Picoult? i might check her books out.x